Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Potato Pancakes




4 medium potatoes
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp flour
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 onion, finely chopped
salt & pepper to taste (you may add any other seasoning like dried basil or oregano)

Grate the potatoes and mix with garlic and onion. Add in the egg.  Add flour, salt and other seasoning.
Preheat oil in a frying pan. Put a tablespoon of a pancake mixture and fry until golden and crisp on each side over medium-low heat (about 10-15 minutes). Serve with some sour cream.

2 comments:

  1. I love potato pancakes!! Are so addictive!!

    But, as it is more simple (is it possible), I usually make something similar in flavour, but not a pancake.
    You only have to mix the grated potato, onion and garlic, grated cheese if you want, with some salt, pepper, an a little olive oil; and then, I bake it in muffin cups.
    It's delicious also ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! Potato muffins! I've never thought about it but I must try this. And especially I like the addition of cheese, I guess it improves the taste! Actually I find it very fun to bake in muffin cups. I've been planning to bake mac and cheese in them and now you gave me one more delicious idea! ;D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...