Sunday, January 13, 2013

Dulce De Leche Cheesecake





Dulce de leche is probably one of the best things in the world. I remember my mother making waffles with layers of dulce de leche or sweetened condensed milk when I was little. It used to be a perfect dessert for me. But now as I grew up I like to make things more complicated. For example, dulce de leche cheesecake. We all know that condensed milk makes all things better. (Ahh, I mean creamier). So the result was heavenly! The only thing I would change, is that I would use more dulce de leche for the top. 



Dulce de Leche Cheesecake

1 pie crust
500g cream cheese, at room temperature
2,5 tbsp flour
2 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk
1 cup (350g) dulce de leche
50g dulce de leche (for topping)


1. Prepare the pie crust according to the directions.

2. Preheat the oven to 150°C. Wrap the outside of a 9-inch springform pan with foil.

4. Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until softened, 2 minutes. Beat in the flour on low speed. Beat in the eggs and egg yolk, 1 at a time, on medium speed. Mix in 1 cup dulce de leche.

5. Pour the batter into the crust. Loosely cover the pan with foil, set in a roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to reach a depth of 2cm. Bake the cheesecake until set, about 55 minutes*.

6. Transfer the cake to a rack; let rest for 15 minutes. Spread the remaining 50g** dulce de leche over the warm cake.

7. Refrigerate until ready to serve, then remove the springform and slice the cheesecake.

*My cheesecake baked almost 2 hours! I guess it depends on the oven. I was a little bit scared to overbake it but I baked it until the center was just set and the result was good.

**You may use more dulce de leche. I used 50 grams because I only had one can which contained 400g so I only had 50 grams remaining.

Enjoy!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, I love dulce de leche. This looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...