Thursday, March 21, 2013

Oven Fries



Potatoes has always been one of my favourite meals, no matter how I prepare them. Honestly, I usually like them simply fried in a skillet and simply seasoned with my favourite herbs. But when I realize how much oil I need to use if I want them tender, crispy and not burned... Luckily, I discovered a new favourite way to prepare potatoes. Bake them in the oven! It needs only 1 teaspoon of oil and the result is soft on the inside potatoes with amazingly crispy edges. I enjoy them as a snack, they're great as a side dish, but if you serve them with one of the dips (links below), they're out of this world. Well, simplicity sometimes wins!

Oven Fries

4 medium potatoes, peeled
1 heaping tsp smoked paprika
1/8 tsp chilli paprika
1/4 tsp ground cumin
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp oil

1) Preheat oven to 200 deg. C.

2) Peel the potatoes and cut into even sticks. Place them in a bowl and add in the oil. Toss to coat.

3) In a  small bowl, combine together the spices. Sprinkle over the fries and toss again to make sure that all the sides are coated.

4) Place on a parchment paper and bake for 20-30 minutes. Turn them over halfway through baking time. (I forgot to do that). The baking time depends on the size of your fries so do check by taking one piece and tasting if it's fully baked.

Serve with tomato sauce, garlic dill dip, french onion dip or just eat them plain straight from the oven.

7 comments:

  1. I also cook fries in the oven sometimes, with a right recipe, they're so crisp that you forget about frying them!!

    These look very nice :) My favorites are garlic and rosemary, or cilantro, cayenne an lime ;)
    Cumin also sounds really good!!!

    The other day the didn't have jumbo shells at the Italian market, but I bought giant snails, we'll try your pasta dish!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh can't wait to hear how your shells turn out!! I don't imagine how giant snails look like but I guess it's going to look great. :D

      Delete
  2. I needed to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoyed it. Write more

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have written a great article. A must read post that need to bookmarked

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was super interesting article to read. Thanks for sharing it here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate the time and effort to write this kind of article. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. This content data gives truly quality and unique information. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...