Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Double Chocolate Chunk Muffins




Sometimes I need a dose of chocolate. Really. If  I crave it, I must get some. A similar situation occured yesterday. I couldn't stop dreaming about large dark rich chocolate muffins full of chocolate chunks. Without thinking too much, I mixed up the batter and enjoyed these in less than one hour. I didn't even cool them and ate warm straight from the oven. And, oh, what a shame to confess, ate six of them. Yes, it's not a mistake. And yes, they're large. I guess I really needed that dose of chocolate... If you sometimes find yourself in situations like this - make these muffins and problem solved! This is a chocolate lover's dream.

Double Chocolate Chunk Muffins

250g flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
60g cocoa powder
180g sugar
250g full fat milk
90ml oil
1 large egg
vanilla extract (optional)
300g semisweet chocolate chunks

1) In a large bowl, mix together the first 6 ingredients. Mix in the chocolate chunks and set aside.

2) In another bowl, beat the egg and add in the milk, oil and vanilla extract, if using. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones. Mix just until combined.

3) Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Divide the muffins among 10 - 12 muffin cups lined with paper liners or parchment paper and bake for 5 minutes, than lower the temperature to 175 C and continue to bake for another 15 minutes.

4) Cool on a wire rack and serve. Or eat warm when the chocolate is melted...

Recipe by collecting memories

6 comments:

  1. I love muffins with oil instead of butter, are so moist!!

    I always have Toblerone or chocholates at home, for when I have cravings for chocolate, but sometimes you have to prepare something, cake, mousse, muffins... And, wow, everyone has a shameful situation about eating six muffins or something like that!
    Tomorrow is another day!! :P

    And they look really good, too much to be shared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a sweet-addict that I can't keep chocolate at home because I always want to eat it. :D
      And yes - oil makes them extremely moist!!

      Delete
  2. Your website is really cool and this is a great inspiring article.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If your loved one has advanced care needs, then personal care could be the right choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The technical knowledge that is showcased through this blog is quite informative.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...